- 1 15-ounce package folded, refrigerated, unbaked pie crusts (2 crusts)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 1/2 pounds U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish fillets, cubed
- 8 ounces fresh goat cheese or soft-style cream cheese2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil OR 1 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- Let pie crusts stand at room temperature for 10 to 15 minutes according to package directions. Unfold piecrusts. Place on un-greased baking sheet.
- In a saucepan, cook onion and garlic in butter or margarine until tender. Add catfish; cook and stir about 5 minutes or until fish flakes easily. Use spoon to break fish into small pieces.
- Add goat cheese or cream cheese and basil. Cook and stir until cheese melts. Remove from heat.
- Spoon half of the catfish mixture onto half of each piecrust. Moisten edges with water. Fold pie crusts in half; turn edges under. Seal edges with the tines of a fork. For smaller pastries, cut pie crusts into thirds.
- Prick top of piecrust and brush with milk. Bake in a 375 degree oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until pastry is brown. Cut into wedges and serve warm.
Makes 2 pastries or 8 servings.