- 4 U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish fillets, 1/2 inch thick (4 oz. to 6 oz.)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh jalapeno pepper, seeds discardedq
- 1/2 cup (1.5 ounces) coarsely grated 2% sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- Preheat broiler. In a small bowl, stir together lemon juice, olive oil, and hot sauce. Brush both sides of catfish fillets. Place on an oiled baking pan and broil about 4 inches from the heat for 5 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, stir together tomato, onion, jalapeño pepper and cheese. Spoon over catfish. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and broil for an additional 5 minutes. Makes 4 servings.
Recipe developed by Elizabeth Terry, Elizabeth on 37th, Savannah, Ga.
Nutrients per serving: 280 calories, 16g fat, 27g protein, 7g carbohydrates, 1g fiber, 77mg cholesterol, 503mg sodium.