- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish fillets
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Mix cilantro, canola oil, ginger and garlic in a shallow dish. Add catfish fillets, turning once to coat with marinade. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Wipe marinade off fillets with paper towels. Place flour in a shallow dish or on a piece of wax paper. Dredge fillets in flour, shaking off excess. Set aside on a wax paper-lined baking sheet.
- Pour a 1/2 inch of oil into a large skillet and heat over medium-high heat. Fry the fillets, two at time, in the hot oil for 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown and fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.