- Vegetable oil
- 4 U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish fillets
- 1 pint buttermilk
- 1 large box cornbread mix
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1-2 eggs
- Heat vegetable oil in skillet.
- Season the fish to taste. Dredge the fish pieces in buttermilk, then cornbread mix. Deep fry fish in vegetable oil until golden brown on the bottom, turn and continue frying until the other side is golden brown. Remove from the skillet and place in warm oven.
- Make a batter out of the remaining buttermilk and cornbread mix. Add onion and eggs. Mold the hush puppies and deep fry in vegetable oil. Then put them in the warm oven with fish.
- Peel and cut potatoes into french fries. Deep fry in vegetable oil. Remove and salt & pepper to taste.
- Serve all of the above with cole slaw. Serves 4.