- 4 U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish fillets
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 jalapeno peppers, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, undrained
- 1/4 cup diced ham
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro or parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- To Prepare the Catfish: Sprinkle farm-raised catfish fillets with garlic salt and pepper. Place them in a well-oiled grill basket or on a well-oiled grill rack. Grill uncovered directly over medium-hot coals about 5 minutes per side or until fish flakes easily. Place a fillet on each serving plate and spoon Black Bean Relish over them.
- To Prepare the Relish: In a medium saucepan cook onion, celery, carrot, garlic and jalapeno peppers in butter or margarine until onion is tender. Stir in black beans, ham, cilantro and salt. Bring to boil; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until desired consistency. Makes 2 cups.