4 U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish Fillets
1 cup milk
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons salt
½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 cups crushed blue tortilla chips
½ cup vegetable oil
1 small cabbage, thinly sliced
1 cup mayo
2 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons cider vinegar
1 tablespoon creole mustard
Salt and pepper to taste
- ASSEMBLE slaw ingredients and REFRIGERATE for 1 hour covered.
- COMBINE egg and milk in a shallow bowl and whisk together.
- COMBINE flour, salt and pepper in another shallow bowl.
- In a third bowl, PLACE crushed tortilla chips.
- DREDGE fillets in flour mixture, then egg mixture, then crushed chips, coating well.
- HEAT vegetable oil in a nonstick skillet. Brown fillets over medium-high heat, serving side down for 3 to 4 minutes. Turn and cook for an additional 3 minutes.
- ASSEMBLE the burger with sliced tomato and top with slaw mix.