- 2 U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish Fillets
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
Sweet Pepper Slaw
- 1 pound shredded slaw mix
- 1 large seedless cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper cut into thin strips
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Creole mustard
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
Cinnamon Chipotle Rub
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- To make slaw, combine all items. Toss well; cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- To make rub, combine all ingredients in small bowl and mix well.
- Lightly brush catfish fillets with olive oil; season with Cinnamon Rub and set aside.
- Heat large skillet over medium high heat; add remaining olive oil. Add fillets and cook 1 minute on each side.
- Place fillets into oiled baking dish. Bake 7 to 9 minutes until fish flakes easily. Remove from oven and let rest 4 minutes.
- Place Sweet Pepper Slaw on a serving platter and top with baked catfish fillets.