- 6 U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish Fillets
- 12 ounces penne pasta
- ¼ cup butter
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- ½ pound mushrooms, diced
- 1 (15-ounce) jar Alfredo sauce
- ½ cup grated Romano cheese
- ½ cup cream
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups fresh spinach, washed and torn into large pieces
- ¼ cup fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- BRING large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente. Drain.
- DUST fish with paprika and season with salt and pepper.
- MELT butter with olive oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Stir in onion and cook until softened and translucent. Stir in garlic, red pepper and mushrooms, and cook over medium-high heat until soft. Remove all vegetables from saucepan with slotted spoon.
- HEAT seasoned oil from vegetables to medium-high, adding additional olive oil if needed. Sear fish 3 minutes per side until golden brown. Remove from pan and wipe clean with a paper towel.
- PLACE sautéed vegetables back in saucepan. Pour in Alfredo sauce; add Romano cheese and cream. Simmer, stirring constantly until thickened, about 5 minutes Season with cayenne, salt and pepper.Add spinach. Stir pasta into sauce.
- DIVIDE pasta onto serving plates and top with a catfish fillet. Garnish with chopped parsley